Coconut oil is one of the must-haves in hair care or skin care domain, in India. Now that several brands in the commercial world took its leap, there are several potions for hair that sometime i doesn't even know whats the difference between some. Like for eg., whats the difference between a 'Serum' and 'Hydrating Serum'?? Well, u may say that the former 'Serum' doesnt play well in terms of hydration. But the base property of the Serum goes offline.
Anyways, back to the topic, Coconut oil is the one product that u should never forget to put that in ur wash room. Be it for skin or hair, its got its advantages. Dont say that uve got a good holy grail conditioner..cos u wudnt say that if u use it.
How to use:
(As far as this post is concerned abt hair care, so 'how to use for ur hair' will only be covered here)
- Warm up some 3-4 table(depends on the length/density of ur hair) spoons of Coconut oil
- Apply all over the scalp. Massage with slow circular motions with ur finger tips. This gives the best results if done before u hit the sack. If u dont have time, u can atleast do this 1hr prior to Ur head-wash.
- Let it stay over ur head the entire night..
- Wash out the next day morning, with ur regular shampoo and conditioner.
- Hydrates the whole scalp and hair.
- Prolonged use of the Coconut oil eliminates dry spilt ends.
- Reduces the swelling of the hair roots, that most people suffer thru the indications like headache, rise in the temperature of the body especially at the scalp.
- Hair remains controllable all day
- This is espcecially good for dry/frizzy hair and permed or damaged hair
- Ur hair may be sticky, if not properly washed. But that doesn't cause any damage.
- Chemically coloured hair may not retain the color for longer periods if Coconut oil thereapy is followed.