Review: ChapStick Classic, Cherry

Now, ask any American about ChapStick and I bet there wouldn't be one, who cannot answer without giving a weird gesture at U, as like 'Don't U really know? '. Besides, its even called as 'America's Legendary LipBalm'. And to move on to the review..Ive tried Classics, Cherry Flavoured, so this is the review of it.

ChapStick Classic, Cherry
"Skin Protectant/Sunscreen SPF4"
Go check out its full details over here in their website..
I ordered this in bulk (10 of them), all Classic range, an year ago. Fasciated, I took out the Cherry flavored.
Tried it for 3-4 weeks I guess and finally, dumped this in bin & ended up distributing the rest, 9 chapsticks, to the near and dears. Not just because I love them, just because I thought it might at least be good on them. Though I never asked them, I could figure that they dint like it much either, because none of them ever mentioned a word about it. :D Anyways, to move on to the regular format of reviewing(boring, yeah, I know!)..

Packaging
Comes in a regular twist up tube. Very, very convenient to use n carry. U can even dump it in ur back-pocket and nobody could ever notice that. But some find that the cap is quite small, that could easily go missing.

Ingredients
Now that I don't have this one (its in the bin, remember!), one can get its ingredients list in their web. However, heres the ingredient list...
ActiveIngredients
Padimate O -1.5% (Sunscreen), White Petrolatum -44% (Skin Protectant)
Iactive Ingredients
arachidyl propionate, camphor, carnauba wax, cetyl alcohol, D&C red no. 6 barium lake, fragrance, isopropyl lanolate, isopropyl myristate, lanolin, light mineral oil, menthol, methylparaben, octyldodecanol, paraffin, phenyl trimethicone, propylparaben, saccharin, white wax

Color, Texture, Fragrance...
Color is in pink color, much like a Candy pink.
Texture..very greasy. And the stick is so hard, that I need to put a bit of pressure to apply. I even made certain experiments, like preheating it in over for a sec..but no result.
Fragrance..ooh I love it. Its only quality that I love, that made me to stick with it.

In the end..Is it GOOD...??
Honestly, NO!
Ive made a lot of search before ordering it. Its like some liked and the rest hated it. For me, Petrolatum moisturizes like nobody's business. So, Chapstick, constituting Petrolatum, thought I would fall in to the "hearts" category. But, figured that there are 56% other ingredients which doesn't suit me. I even felt like "?" for several days..like why it doesnt suit me, when its called 'LEGENDARY' and been answered when I read this one..
"Stop use and ask a doctor if
• rash or irritation develops and lasts
• condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days "
So, is it a foreword or what? Anyways..

Efficacy
It did NOT moisturise my lips. So, I turned to use it as a sunscreen for lips. And it did'nt do that either. Infact, my lips turned 2 shades darker by 3 weeks. Chaps are never healed. So, it went in the bin.
Pros:Packaging, Price, Fragrance
Cons:Doesnt heal chaps(though reapplied often), turned lips darker, not a good sun protectant.
Repurchase OR Recommend?
No.. If U are thinking of to get ur hands on this one, its better to stick with Petroleum Jelly.

By the way, have u tried it? Is it good with U?
Please do share.. :)

1 comment:

  1. I have a love hate relationship with this balm. I have tons of tubes stored around my house, yet I never finish them. I agree they arent the best at moisturizing, but what they are great for is protecting against chapping. It is slightly plasticky but my lord does it smell good. The smell alone makes me happy, as does the mild tint. If your lips are dry I say pick something else, but if you want to prevent chapping smell great and have a nice mild tint and can put up with the slightly plastic texture I say there is nothing better.

    ReplyDelete

please drop some love